I could not be more thrilled to be writing this post to you right now. I have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award!!
First off, thank you so much, Lowcountry Hippie, for not only thinking of nominating me, but for letting me know how much you enjoy my posts about homeschooling and parenting. Just knowing that you have found my content to be interesting and helpful means so much to me! I am so honored that you chose to nominate me for this award!!!
So…here is my beautiful new award!!
I started Savvy Schooling because I wanted to share encouragement and helpful resources and information with other homeschooling moms (as well as moms in general.) I realized that others might be able to benefit from all the research that I have done over the years on homeschooling and parenting. And if I could save another mom just a little bit of time or if I could be the one to give her the little bit of encouragement that she needed to get through her day, then I consider all the hard work worth it. We all know that neither parenting nor homeschooling come with a how-to manual and it is SO EASY to feel alone, confused, isolated, or like giving up on it all. My hope is to be a help, an encouragement, and even a useful resource.
If you have a new blog, or are considering blogging, I would encourage you to:
- First decide on your blog’s purpose and what you ultimately want to accomplish with it. You might just want to use your blog as an online journal of sorts so that you can share your thoughts in a more public forum. Or you might see your blog as a jumping off point for a business. Or something in between. Whatever your purpose may be, make sure you figure that out before you put pen to paper (or fingers to keys, as it were.) Otherwise, you will likely burn out before you really get any momentum.
- Start putting together a blogging network of support for yourself. Even if you don’t ever plan to make your blog a business, you might find you have questions about making your website or figuring out the mechanics of things like keywords, categories, and tags. There are so many fantastic bloggers out there who offer information like this to other bloggers. Here are two of my absolute favorites. They have amazing free downloads and wonderfully active Facebook groups where you can find support, feedback, encouragement, and ways to connect with other bloggers:
Now it’s time for me to share the love and select my own nominees! This is a fantastic way to call attention to those blogs/bloggers that inspire you or that you think deserve some recognition for all their hard work. For those nominated, here are the rules for this award. Keep it going!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
A blog about homeschooling, parenting, and faith, this wonderful blog has inspired me with new ideas, encouraged me just when I needed it, and provided me with many practical homeschooling and parenting tips.
Another blog about homeschooling and motherhood, plus healthy living tips! I recently discovered this blog and her posts on creating a schedule for your mom life and meal planning have already changed how I’m approaching things in my own life.
This blog about being brave in your faith, family, and life in general has really touched my life. It seems like I always come across a post that speaks directly to whatever I happen to be going through in life and I find it so encouraging.
I love the content she shares about family and parenting and I am still in awe of how she manages to juggle it all…with 5 kids under 10!!
The homeschool information Amy shares on her blog is so wonderful. One of my favorite things are her Facebook live videos. She is so authentic and energetic!
This blog is about homeschooling (and life in general). I love that Faith is a former public school teacher turned homeschooler. She has such a unique perspective and so many great ideas.
A wonderful blog about faith, having a healthy lifestyle, homeschooling, and more. Angie offers lots of encouragement and warmth.
Camie shares her rich homeschooling experiences along with insights into motherhood, faith, and family.
A fantastic blog about homeschooling, teaching, and positive parenting. Christine offers a number of great resources and activity ideas.
You’ll find plenty of great field trip ideas, homeschooling tips, resources, and encouragement on this inspiring blog.
I hope that you enjoy visiting these blogs. I am so honored and blessed to have been nominated myself and I can’t wait to see who these bloggers nominate! 🙂